Hand trucks come in handy when you need to move heavy boxes or objects around.
Now that the world is progressing with every passing moment, hand trucks to are being upgraded.
Most of the hand trucks now come with a pneumatic wheel instead of the rubber ones.
These wheels have an end cap that takes care of the axle and the retaining clip or ring that secures the wheel; these caps are called axle caps.
Now often, these wheels need a replacement since the end caps are made of rubber or plastic. They develop cracks over time or completely break apart.
How To Remove An Axle Cap On A Hand Truck
Replacing an end cap on a hand truck would first require obtaining another one that matches. But before replacing the axle cap, you first need to know how to remove it.
Removing an axle cap on a hand truck isn’t as hard as it sounds, I promise! And if you don’t believe me, I brought proof!
I’m here to prove how easy it actually to remove an axle cap, which is also known as an end cap on a hand truck.
I will be teaching you all about how to Remove an Axle cap on a hand truck in 3 easy steps.
So you don’t have to go to any tool shops for such easy tasks.
Why even wait? Let’s start!
Things You Need
Chances are quite high that you already have most of the things that you need to remove an axle cap in your garage or toolbox.
- A Flat-head screwdriver
- A Block of Wood
1. Locate The Notch
- For starters, you need to see if you are able to locate a notch between the outside of the axle cap and the face of the wheel since axle caps have the ability to simply snapping on and off the end of the axle.
- Now, if you have successfully found a notch, insert the flat-head screwdriver in the notch properly, open the end cap off the wheel and axle. Make sure you don’t put too much pressure as it might cause damage to the hand truck.
- Hold the sides of the axle cap with the pair of pliers tightly, in case you don’t find a notch or the axle cap has a button-type cap or an unusual cap.
- Twist the ends of the axle cap to the right with the pliers while putting it away from the axle.
- In just a few seconds, you will be able to remove axle caps from your hand truck successfully.
2. Ensure The Brand
Here’s a bonus tip: since now that you have removed your axle cap, make sure you ensure the brand and buy a new one that matches the brand so that your new axle cap fits perfectly.
If you read this guide-line on how to remove an axle cap on a hand truck thoroughly, I’m sure you know all the steps as well as the tips and tricks. If you still have any confusion or questions.
I urge you to go back and read the steps once again.